The Czech Scroll
Bardford Synagogue was the recipient of one of the 1564 'Czech Memorial Scrolls' in 1964 (see the presentation picture below). Scroll number 126 constituted part of the treasures looted by the Nazis during the second world war from the Jewish communities of Bohemia, Moravia and Slovakia. This scroll was from the Pinkas Synagogue in Prague and was written in 1880. It is used on High Holy Days at Bradford Synagogue and special services like Bnei Mitzvot. It is on permanent loan from the Memorial Scrolls Trust in London.